Monday, July 16, 2007

Letting Go

Things change. Sometimes the change can bring positive things for us; sometimes not. Sometimes the changes can even make us angry or regretful. I learned in CPE that change=grief, and I believe this to be true. We also learned that new grief often taps into old grief. I'm learning more and more that this is true, and that the grief doesn't have to be about death. It can be about the loss of a memory or a feeling or any other number of things.

I guess I'm just sad that as years go by, I'm not able to recall voices or smells like I used to. I'm also sad that other people lose their ability to realize the importance of recalling these things. But, it's not like I can rewind and get these things back. I just have to keep trucking on, knowing that it's not the end of the world.

This post seems to be remarkably vague, but I'm just thinking about a lot. Thanks for bearing with me.

No comments: