Sunday, July 29, 2007

I didn't flunk

I didn't flunk my Greek exam. I didn't do as well as I would have liked, though. I need to work harder (if that's even possible). I think I studied more this past week than I studied for my whole undergrad career! ha. Oh well.

I went home this weekend. I preached at a neighboring church. The service went long and I don't feel too good about that. Not that it's my fault. We sang a lot of hymns. Oh well. I myself don't mind going over, but some people from "my" church came because I have a reputation of getting people out early. Then, we ended up staying late. Oh well. I got a lot of good comments on my sermon, so that was good. I'm always amazed that when I go to other churches and shake hands at the end that so many people say, "Thanks for being here this morning. We hope to have you back!" It's nice to know that people think I'm doing a good job. Unless they're patronizing me. But, I'm going to choose to believe they're honest about what they say.

Anyway, I didn't do any Greek this weekend because the Prof. said at the end of class Friday, "Your assignment for this weekend is to NOT do ANY Greek at all." So, I took his advice. I got some much needed sleep. I turn stoopid when I'm lacking sleep, and that was most definitely the case. So, I slept in on Saturday and woke up refreshed. Then, I got back to the Mothership tonight and took a nap. But people kept calling me and interrupting. Ah well. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight.

YS, Ma, and I went to lunch today. The food was good. I left my leftovers in Sis's fridge to give to "Howard" for lunch tomorrow or something. He's such a cute kid! He's trucking all over! Last Sunday we had to coax him to walk, and now he just gets up and does it like, "Yeah, I walk.. How 'bout it?!" When I got home Friday, I peeked around the corner and saw BiL's mom (who is babysitting him until the real babysitter gets back from vacation) and said, "Hi!" And he heard me and came right for me. I love that kid like crazy. I felt bad for leaving today without getting to tell him goodbye and give him lubbins. I don't think I'll be going home for a while.

Ok, well, with that, I think I'm going to go now. I'll talk to y'all later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hoorah for not flunking! i think everyone almost flunks their first greek test :p i know i sure almost did, you'll get it i have faith in you :) and i'll facebook message you directions to us tomorrow night :) have a good night!