Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Whirlwind!

Wow, I've been kinda busy the last few days. Graduation cards and congratulations keep coming, and I'm just amazed that people are so generous and caring. It's nice. On that front, I started working on my Thank You cards, but I ran out and had to buy more. But, I bought them in Sis and BiL's town, and spent a day or two with them. I went on Monday and ended up going to their house and staying.

Monday, Sis and BiL had met for lunch on their breaks. When Sis came home after work and picking up "Howard" she asked if I could feed him because she wasn't feeling well. She wasn't sure if she was sick or if the... (Oh, sidenote... Sis is pregnant again!!) baby was making her nauseated. So, I fed Howard. BiL came home and hung out some. Poor Sis was laying in the bathroom because she was not well... I'll spare you the details. Then, an hour or two later, BiL started feeling bad too. Guess they got some bad food or something. So, they were trying to take care of Howard, but they didn't feel good. I told them to go to bed and I'd take care of him. So, they went up to bed and Howard and I played for a little while before he started to fuss. I started feeding him his bottle but he wasn't interested, so I just held him and he fell asleep with his head on my shoulder. There's not much better in the world than a baby falling asleep on you. :) In my humble opinion, anyway. Plus, he doesn't do that much anymore now that he's a big boy at 8 months... The good news is that they are both feeling better now, and Sis, Howard, and I went to town tonight. I was able to finish my Christmas shopping. I'm glad. I hate shopping.

Yesterday, I had an interview at a hospital in Iowa to get into the CPE program. I drove out there and was interviewed and it went really well, I think. They liked my answers to questions they posed, and the interviewers were both wonderful people. I am fairly confident that they will extend an invitation for me to join this unit. I'm excited. There are still some options out there, but I think CPE is the one I will go for. I learn best by doing, and CPE will offer that, most definitely.

Other than that, I'm going to meet with Pastor tomorrow at the church where we will do some worship planning for December 31st. I'm leading because Pastor and his family go on vacation the week after Christmas. I've never actually planned the worship service before, so I'm interested to see how that will work out. It'll be nice though, because we're still going to be singing Christmas songs and people sing pretty loud when we sing Christmas songs. Yay! And that's about all I have to say now, because I need to do some stuff before I go to bed, and I am getting tired. See ya later.

No comments: