Saturday, December 16, 2006

Duty Calls ;)

Well, RuthRe tagged me, and I can't let her down, so here we go....

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Egg Nog! My mom makes THE best egg nog on the face of the earth. Yeah for frothy goodness.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? So long as I'm not the one wrapping them, it's all good...

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I'm a big fan of the big colored lights. We have always used them, and probably always will. Although, my sister and her boyfriend have a tree with gold lights and silver, purple, and blue ornaments. It all goes very well together.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No. We only ever have family over usually, and who wants to kiss them?

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Well.... I'm bad. I asked Ma to postpone decorating this year because we have too much stuff in the living room anyway. So, I didn't want the house to be ALL that much more crowded for my graduation party today. SO, we need to get crackin' now that it's all over with.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Stuffing, when it's done right.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
You all are going to think I had the worst parents in the world, but it's a fun story... When I was probably about 5 or 6 and my little sister was 4 or 5, we celebrated Christmas at my Grandma's house. Dad gave each of us a teeny weeny little bit of champaign (I'm talking like 2 swallows for a normal person), and I had about 2 sips of it and was totally drunk. So, the best part of the story was that little Sis and I played drunken "Guess Who" (remember that game where you tried to find out which card person the other player had?) on the playroom floor at Granny's. I was very dizzy, but it was fun.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I believed in Santa for a long time because we always celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve. Mom would take us around in the car to look at Christmas lights while Santa was delivering gifts. Well, we were out in the country and I guess some guy had dressed up as Santa because there he was looking into a window. I could have sworn there were reindeer on the roof, too...

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Up until recently, we opened all of our gifts on Christmas Eve. Now we do it whenever we can all get together.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Handmade school decorations, big colored lights, glass colored globes.. The usual fare.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Dread! As a commuter for the past 4 years, I really started to despise the stuff, although every time it snows pretty, I think of a poem that I might share at some other point.

12. Can you ice skate?
Never tried.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Either my Teddy Ruxpin or my Charlie McCarthy Ventriloquist doll that I BEGGED for.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Being with my friends and family, going to church, and feeling that wonderful warmth of knowing it's not about us.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Peanut Clusters or Fudge!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Christmas Eve worship (for the past several years) and going to Sis's house for Christmas morning breakfast/brunch.

17. What tops your tree?
A classy little angel. It's cute.

18.Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving, even despite my frugal tendencies. I like to give.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
O Holy Night

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yuck. No thanks; not even the fruit flavored ones.

I tag Inheritor of Heaven, Jae, and Jacki, if they are so inclined...

No comments: