Friday, December 01, 2006

They like me; They really like me!!

I know you all are probably sick to death of this, but I just am amazed. Tonight, I didn't get to go to work. The weather is just too bad to venture out. The male boss called this afternoon and said that it was just going to be him and his wife doing everything tonight because no one would be in. So, I didn't go for my last day of work. Anyway, I have just been messing around all day, not really doing anything productive at all. I didn't even shovel the walk because I didn't think we'd be going anywhere and I didn't think anyone would be coming here. Boy was I wrong!

I was in the kitchen making spaghetti sauce (one of the ONLY things I can make that doesn't come out of a box) and I was coming out here (my computer is on the front porch) to get online. But, I saw some lights outside that were not moving. I thought, "Gee, I hope no one is stuck on the hill, already." It never fails; every year someone gets stuck on this tiny hill outside of our house because there is a stop sign there that messes up the momentum. But, the lights were facing the wrong way. So, I looked out and someone was standing on the porch. I turned on the light and I think I probably jumped a little because I was startled. But I opened the door and it was a Friday night regular woman. She told me that she and her husband had been to Restaurant to have dinner and to see me off, but I wasn't there, so they thought they'd stop by and give me something. My village is on the way home for them. So, she gave me a big bag and said, "Best of luck!" and then I watched her walk back out to the car. I waved at the husband, and I kicked myself for not having shoveled today.

I went in to the other room and read the card (Cards mean a lot to me) and I opened the bag. In it were two big bath towels, some hand towels, and some wash cloths! And guess what color they were! ORANGE!!! My absolute favorite color (as if you couldn't tell from my bright orange shoelaces. I just can't believe it. I knew people liked me there, but I had no idea that liked me this much. Wow. That's all I can say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:o)