Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Dundundundun!

So today is a day to procrastinate! But then again, isn't every day? Ha. Well, I missed my 8:00 a.m. class on monday because I woke up not feeling good at all. I figured that I'd better just stay home and get some sleep to see if I'd feel up to going to my 1:00. I did. And it was nice to sleep in for a change. But, I'm still not feeling 100%, but what can you do? Anyway. Next week is midterm!!! I can't believe it! It's exciting because this year has just flown by for the most part! I'm so excited. Oh yeah! More fairly exciting news, (To me, anyway) my background check is partially done. They sent out the forms to my current boss, so I can only imagine that they've sent them out to my other "references" as well. If they all got to those in a timely fashion, I would imagine that Oxford is hard at work making sure I'm not some sicko or something. Basically, I think, that is the point of the background checks. They don't want to let someone into the ministry who is going to hurt children or abuse the position of pastor. I can completely, COMPLETELY understand that because you gotta uphold the integrity of the Church. While pastors are not perfect, they are expected to be examples to the community. So... I'm not really certain as to when I have to do the next steps.. The synod (my guess) probably will tell me after the background check is complete. Then the next step (again, not sure) is the psychological evaluation by proxy, which means I have to take a psych test, but Pastor can give it to me. Then, I have to go to see the church chosen psychiatrist to discuss the results of the test. I'm not too worried about that, but it still seems kind of intimidating that he is going to be analyzing my mind and reporting the results to people. Ah well. All in the learning process, eh? Basically, that is the update for now. It's been kind of long-winded, but like I've said before, it's for posterity! Haha. Bye.

No comments: