Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Procrastinate? Me? No.....

As usual, I'm sitting here in the lab at school in between classes. But what I should be doing is studying for a test I have at 12:35. But, I'm too excited because I got a B+ on my STATS TEST!!!!!!!! I suck at math and I got a B+! I'm so excited. I was only one point away from an A, but that's ok because I am so happy! I took a General Elementary Stats class at jr. college and scraped by with a C by the skin of my teeth. (You have to have a C or better for community college credit to transfer). So, Here I am, having achieved a B on both my stats tests thus far. It is just very exciting for me. But anyway, I should be studying because this upcoming test is in a class I'm not doing exceptionaly well in. I got a B- on the first test and that is kinda bad for me. Stratification is an extremely interesting subject, but I just can't get into it with the method this teacher uses. But I'm making excuses. Sometimes I think I need to remember that good grades do not mean as much as I'd like to think. Sometimes I think that to be respected and loved I need to have a 4.0 GPA. And then I think of that song that says, "Money won't complete me; fame won't complete me. I am complete in You" (meaning God). And it helps me recall that God would love me even if I flunked out of college and became a prostitute on the street. Why, you may ask? Because God so loved the WORLD (not just A students, not just well to do affluent people, not just regular church goers...) God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son so that whoever believed in Him would not perish but have everlasting life. (Gotta love John 3:16). But anyway, I still try to do the best with the gifts and opportunities with which I have been blessed, so I'm going to stop blogging and go study. Blessings!

No comments: