Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Fun Assignment!

For my "From Text to Sermon" class, el profesor has put us to the task of writing something creative. He said it can be a poem, prose, a short story, a song, or anything. He really said the assignment is limitless, and so long as we turn it in, we will get credit. I need to admit that I am excited about this assignment.

I used to write. A LOT. I wrote a lot of poems; the non-rhyming kind. It was during my "teen angst" phase, but really, I think it was probably a little more than teen angst. But, I'm good now.

And now, despite the fact that I've not written "creatively" for an assignment or for fun (except this blog, really) for years, I have found myself having several ideas. I've actually only written two things out, and I'm thinking about them. I'm confident that I'm going to have more ideas, and so these first two may be altogether "thrown out." We shall see. I think I'm going to post them. If you want to, tell me what you think. Maybe we could have a contest to see which thing gets the most votes, and that will be the one I turn in. Or not. :) I don't care. haha.

No comments: