Thursday, November 29, 2007

Weird...

A "year" is coming to a close for me very quickly. Tomorrow is November 30th (duh, I know) and thus, after tomorrow, I will have been unemployed for one full year. You haven't heard any Restaurant stories lately because, well, I haven't been there to gain any new ones. I've stopped in from time to time, but haven't had any funny, uncomfortable, or heartening stories from there for quite some time.

This past Sunday, I stopped in for one quick minute after leading worship at Pastor's "other" church. Restaurant and OC are in the same town. I couldn't help but thinking about how last year at this time, Female Boss was not being nice to me at all. But, I needed to stop, if you get my drift. Lol. Anyway, I was only in there for maybe 10 minutes, tops because I said hey to some people before heading off. It's still weird going in there and realizing I will NEVER work there ever again; especially considering that place was a big part of my life for 9 1/2 years. There are new faces doing the work, and there have been a few changes for the ones I still know. Unfortunately, Female Boss is still the same. One of my best friends in the world is the 78 year old cook who still cranks out awesome food on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays there, and she sent me a birthday card that said, among other things, "Work is still the same. :(" I feel so bad for her. My friend shouldn't be treated the way she is treated, and dangit, I love the woman and want her to be happy.

I digress...

What is weird is that I am sitting here at my desk, after a morning of class, small group, and chapel, and yet, I am smelling the unmistakable smell of chicken grease. That's one of the "little things" I have enjoyed about not working at Restaurant; the not smelling like chicken grease all the time. Even though other people weren't able to smell the grease after work, I could, and it drove me up the wall. So now, it's just kind of bizarre to me that as I near this "milestone," I am smelling the smelly smell of something that smells smelly: My nemesis, chicken grease. I haven't been around grease for a good long while, and we had hot dogs for lunch today, so I couldn't have gotten it from the cafeteria. Maybe it's my brain playing tricks on me. It's not like I'm longing to go back to work there, anyway. It's just odd, I guess, and something I felt like posting. Have a good day.

No comments: