Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I'm popular tonight.

I must be a popular woman. I was sitting at my desk tonight and my room phone rang. It was a middler with whom I have had a conversation or two. She is from my synod, and she said that the Assistant to the Bishop for Candidacy Affairs is going to be here tomorrow. Furthermore, the A to the B wants to take us to dinner, what with us being members of her synod and all. The plan was for the A to the B to take Middler, me, and the international student our synod is "sponsoring." Cool beans, yo.

Anyway, a few minutes after the phone call, I heard a knock at my door. It was a friend from down the hall. She came in and we talked for a while when the phone rang again! It was International Student saying she wouldn't be able to go tomorrow night because she is working. Bummer.

So, I got off the phone and was talking more with my pal, when ANOTHER knock to my door came. It was my good friend; the one who has taken multiple units of CPE. I have her ice cream in my room because I have a freezer. So, she came in and all three of us had a chat for a while. Then, CPE friend left and my other friend and I chatted a while longer.

So, I got multiple visitors and phone calls tonight. I'm in high demand! Ha. Anyway, I was sidetracked from my Greek paper for a while, but that's totally okay. I needed the break! Ha.

In other news, I rearranged my room! I have zero artistic vision when it comes to arranging rooms, so my friend AO came up with the plan and I did much of the work (AO got a call that she had to take, and I figured I could keep working). I was able to move my stuff because I have a system where I take broken down pop or cereal boxes and put them under the heavy stuff. The slick colored side of the boxes lets even really heavy furniture slide easily across the carpet. I moved my full bookshelf, refrigerator, and futon. Yay! It's how I've been moving furniture by myself for years. Try it sometime; I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

And with that, I need to go do a few more things and maybe do a little more Greek work tonight. Have a wonderful evening.

No comments: