Saturday, December 01, 2007

I've decided.

Well, I have decided that I am going to begin writing my autobiography.

Stop screaming; I'm not going to post it on here.

Ha. Okay. Well, you may be wondering, "Why is this 25 year old young lady going to start writing her biography? She's not running for public office or being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize or anything. What benefits could she possibly foresee of such a task?"

Let me tell you this: I have had some "different" experiences in my life, as I'm sure you all have. However, as I continue to prepare for ordained ministry in the future, I think that it would be helpful for me to have my life written out. Not just for the sake of writing it out, mind you, but for the purpose of REFLECTION.

Reflection is not something I am always intentional about. Oftentimes, stuff happens and I just forge right ahead, not taking the time to really think about how this "stuff" has affected me.

CPE is a good place for reflection, but seeing as I've already completed that aspect of my seminary education, I thought it might be a good idea to make it a part of my personal practice.

I don't know how long my story will end up being, but I do know that I will be interested in what comes of my telling the story. I said earlier that I won't subject you all to it, but don't be surprised if occasionally I do put something of it on here. But, I don't plan on boring you all to death with all the events of my life. I'm kind of excited about this new venture. Maybe the excitement will wear off, but at least I'll have given it a shot. See you all later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

go you trish.....i think it will be awesome :) what with you being an awesome person and all! good luck with all your finals!