Sunday, May 06, 2007

I wasn't expecting to feel like this.

I miss my CPE group a lot more than I thought I was going to. I knew I was going to miss them some because we all became pretty close during our time together. But I really miss them a lot, and we've only been done with CPE for less than a week.

They all mean so much to me. They were good listeners, they cared a lot and asked how I was doing, they opened up to me, they didn't dismiss my ideas or thoughts for any reason, and they never treated me like I was stupid, dispensable, or immature. Sure, they have their faults, but don't we all? They're just a great group of people. Also, my gifts were appreciated within that circle, and that meant a lot to me. I think that I value my time so much with them because we were so incredibly honest from the get-go, and that's not something I'm really used to. Usually, it takes me a while to open up to new people, but they provided me a safe place to talk. While I wasn't as verbose as some of the other ones in my group, I still feel like I got enough talk time in when I needed it. I'm very grateful for the time I did get to spend with them. I just wish CPE wasn't over. :(

All good things must come to an end, but I sincerely hope that we keep in touch over the years. I also hope that when "my" class comes to Seminary for summer Greek, that I'm able to bond with them well. I need some friends. The people I've met here so far have been nice, but they already have their "groups" formed, or so it seems, sometimes. And before this comes into a boohoo pity party, I'm going to go. Bye.

1 comment:

Tara Ulrich said...

One of my camp friends is heading to Wartburg for summer greek. She's awesome!