Friday, May 04, 2007

Cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning.

My room is a little more cluttered than I would like it to be, and thus, I am organizing and cleaning it. The largest source of my angst regarding the state of my room are the large stacks of paper that have to deal with CPE stuff. Because CPE is over, I have decided to file all my CPE stuff. As I have sorted the papers, I came across the notes from one of the didactics (lectures, really, that pertain to a specific topic) and have decided to share a brief outline of what that didactic mentioned.

The Five Things We Cannot Change:
1. Everything changes and ends.
2. Things do not always go according to plan.
3. Life is not always fair.
4. Pain is a part of life.
5. People are not loving and loyal all the time.

The "Yes" Responses when confronted with these things:
1. Grieve and let go.
2. Acceptance.
3. We win, we lose, we work for justice.
4. Allow pain that is natural.
5. Speak up and say, "ouch."

I really got a lot out of that didactic, and although this post doesn't even prepare to do it justice, I thought it might trigger some extra thought. Plus, I want to remember these for a while. See ya.

No comments: