Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Unexpected Blessings.

First off, let me reiterate that I am a hard-core procrastinator. It's a habit I would like to break, but haven't been able to just yet. But sometimes, good things happen to those who procrastinate (I know it's wait, but for the sake of this post, humor me).

I went to chapel this morning at Seminary. It's Wednesday, so we had communion. I'm a big fan of communion. After chapel, I was going back to my room to do some stuff, but I passed by the youth director's office and one of my new friends was in there by herself, so I said, "Hi, 'Michelle.'" 'Michelle' is a pseudonym, btw. So, we were talking for a few minutes and she was telling me some stuff I hadn't heard before. Like, how they do announcements in the refectory after chapel every day. And we were chatting about some other things and all of a sudden, I heard the announcer in the refectory say, "We have some new students..." And 'Michelle' said, "Oh, look! That's you! You better get out there." But I was like, "Are you kidding!" but then the announcer said, "Trish NewStudent is joining us this semester. Is she here?" And some people who could see me in the hallway said, "Yes, she's here! Come on out!" So I'm sure I turned bright red, (as per usual when I am unexpectedly made the center of attention) and walked out of the hallway into the refectory. I felt like a football player who was going out onto the field! haha. But they clapped and I felt like a dork (But that's ok, cuz I AM a dork. I hold this title with pride). And then they announced another new student and some students that would be joining us later in the semester, I believe. And after all that, I went to my room and did the stuff I'd been planning to do before I sidetracked myself. It was nice to have the students welcome me to the community, I was just unprepared. Thus, the turning beet red. I am laughing about it though. I'm not traumatized or embarrassed or anything...

So, anyway... After I did what I needed to do in my room, I went and put some much delayed thank you letters into the mail for the various people/organizations who have really supported me and wished me well as I begin this new adventure. And I planned to go buy my textbooks after I did that, because I should have done that earlier. So, I went to the bookstore and found the books I needed to buy, (except for one that they are out of) and the woman working behind the counter asked if I'd like her to order it for me. I said yes, paid, and then left the store. BUT, on my way out, I saw a man standing kind of in the foyer, and so I said "Hi." He started talking, and so I stayed and we conversed for a few minutes and he said, "Every year, I come and buy a student's textbooks. Can I buy yours?" !!!! WOAH! So, he said, "Come on, let's go back in." And so, we went in, and re-did the sale and I can't believe it. Wow. What a blessing and affirmation. God just really has a way of surprising me sometimes. It's a reminder that God is good, all the time.

3 comments:

lutheranmom said...

That is so cool. Congrats on your blessings :)
ab

Ruth said...

Weehaw!

Anonymous said...

That is (as Lutheranmom stated) SO COOL. God is good ... all the time and sometimes it is very easily seen. A very good example of how we are blessed in order to be a blessing to others.