Sunday, January 21, 2007

Funny Sleeping Story, as promised.

Last week, I mentioned that I haven't been sleeping really well. You know how it goes; new sounds, new environment, different bed, yadda, yadda, yadda... Well, one night, there was more to it than that. This is the story...

For Christmas, Sis and BiL got me one of those things that will charge your battery if it ever dies and you don't have jumper cables. They thought that since I am out here and don't know anyone, I should have this thing. So, I brought it with me when I came. Upon taking it out of the box, I realized that I needed to charge this thing before its first use. So, I read the instructions and it told me what I needed to do. When I turned it on, (it has to be on to charge) it let out this loud, high pitched, foghorn like sound. I thought, "Gee, I hope the neighbors aren't freaking out." But, then it quit the beep and just started flashing some. All was well and good...

Or so I thought. I went to bed that night and fell asleep pretty easily. But, YS called me about 10:00 or so to talk. I talked to her for a few minutes and she figured out that I had been sleeping, so she said she'd talk to me later. Great. Back to sleep I go. UNTIL about 2:30 in the morning when I'm awakened by this really loud, high pitched, foghorn like sound! My battery charger was done charging and it is programmed to do that when it's done charging so the owner doesn't overcharge it! I was afraid that the neighbors were going to come knocking to see what was going on. Thankfully, they didn't. Phew.

My heart was pounding because I was thinking, "I'm probably breaking all sorts of etiquette rules that residence halls have. I'm going to get kicked out and everyone is going to HATE me before the semester even begins!" (I know, completely irrational. Only my floor will hate me ;)) But again, I managed to get back to sleep. Until!! About 3:30 when all of a sudden I hear, "Crash, Boom, Bam! In the shower, in the shower, gettin' clean for the day! I will wash and then shower as the dirt goes down the drain!" (sung to the tune of "Oh my darling Clementine") I have this Patrick Star shower thing where he suction cups to the wall and you press his bellybutton and he sings or says various phrases. I think I might have blogged about him before...He fell off the shower wall, and in the process, his belly button got pushed. So, by then, I'm thinking, "You have GOT to be kidding me!" But, no one came busting down my door. I later learned that the neighbors were not here that night because they were doing something for J-term! Praise the Lord! Let's just say that Patrick will not be hung up again... He's sitting nicely in the bathroom.

That is my story from the other night. I look back and laugh now, so I hope you can giggle a little about it too.

No comments: