Friday, January 05, 2007

My 201st post!

I know I'm not a *member* of RevGalBlogPals, but they have this thing called "Friday Five." It is a survey/meme type thing that changes every Friday. I felt like doing this week's. Here goes:

1. "It's my party and I'll [blank] if I want to..."
Favorite way to celebrate your birthday (dinner with family? party with friends? a day in solitude?)

I like hanging out with friends and family. I have ever only had one birthday *party* so to speak and it was a flop, really. But, usually, Sis and BiL make me a special dinner and we all hang out. Although, it never seems to fail that something bad happens to me on my birthday... Starting on my 17th birthday when I was pulled over and given a city citation for speeding...

2. "You say it's your birthday... it's my birthday too, yeah..."
Do you share your birthday with someone famous? (Click here to find out!)

You bet! Martin Luther and I share the same birthday. I didn't know any of the other people, though...

3. "Lordy Lordy look who's forty..."
Milestone birthdays:
a) just like any other birthday--they're just numbers, people.
b) a good opportunity to look back/take stock
c) enjoy the black balloons--I'll be hiding under a pile of coats until the day is over
d) some combination of the above, or something else entirely.

While I would like to say "they're just numbers," honestly, birthdays are ways we can look at our lives and see where we are, how far we've come, and where we plan to go next. But it's weird... When I was younger, I thought 24 was old. Now I still feel like a kid.

4. "Happy birthday, dear... Customer..."
Have you ever been sung to in a restaurant? Fun or cringe-worthy?

To my recollection, I've never been sung to in a restaurant. I'd probably cringe though... No-strike that-I'd probably turn beet red and explode little pieces of Trish all over the walls from embarassment... :)

5. "Take my birthday--please"
Tell me one advantage and one disadvantage about your particular birthday (e.g. birthday in the summer--never had to go to school; birthday near Christmas--the dreaded joint presents). This could also simply be something you like/dislike about your birthday (e.g. I like sharing a birthday with my best friend, etc.).

My birthday is usually the day before Veteran's Day. Therefore, I occasionally had my birthday off from school. The best though, was the fact that I had the day AFTER my 21st birthday off from college due to the holiday. Too bad I didn't get completely and totally inebriated... Ruined opportunity, right there.

Hope you enjoyed. Have a good one.

No comments: