Tuesday, January 09, 2007

FIVE DAYS!

Oh MY GOODNESS! I am moving in five days. FIVE DAYS!! AHHHHH!!!!

You know, last Wednesday at our council meeting. (my last one) people were asking me if I was getting packed and ready to move. I said, "No. I'm still in relaxed mode." And that was the truth. But then, I was lying in bed Saturday night/early Sunday morning and I was trying to fall asleep, but to no avail. It was then that I felt slightly hysterical... I'm no longer in relaxed mode. YS came over this morning and helped me pack a bunch of stuff to prepare for the move. I just can't believe that it's time to be packing up already. It seems like I have so much to do. I need to wash the new towels and bed stuff I got for my dorm room, I need to get as many of my clothes clean as possible, I need to pack up my car, Sis and BiL's Tahoe, and get things ready for YS and YSB to load up YSB's truck. He wasn't going to be able to help because he and his friends were planning some snowmobiling trip, but I don't think the place they go has enough snow right now, so he said he'd help.

On top of preparing for the move, I have to get some things squared away around here in order to transition the rest of my family so they will be better prepared for my absence. For the past several weeks, YS has been more involved with making sure Ma is taking care of herself, and I feel kind of bad for poor YS. I have a feeling that most of the responsibility for making sure Ma is ok is going to fall to her. I have 4 siblings, and for the most part, they do what they can, but things are complicated. I feel sort of bad for being the one who is leaving, but I can't put my life on hold.

I shouldn't be feeling too overwhelmed right now, because really, I don't have THAT much to pack and do. I do have some stuff, but it's not that bad. I think I just am stressing because I'm venturing off into the wild blue yonder. I don't know if I'm going to be terribly homesick or if I'll enjoy my newfound "freedom." I don't know if I'll make a lot of friends right off the bat, or if it might take a while, considering I'm going out there at a "weird" time. I am a little sad that I won't get to be here for Sis's entire pregnancy, like I was with Howard, but if all goes according to plan, I should be able to be home for the birth of Baby #2. And I'm really going to miss Howard because he's just such a wonderful child. But then again, my first born nephew lived in this area for the first few months of his life. I was blessed with babysitting opportunities and chances to just hang out with them, which was great. But then they moved away. I miss seeing him all the time, but I lived. I just go crazy over him when they come to visit... So, I know that things will be different, but I will be fine.

Faith in an unchanging God is a wonderful anchor. Jesus has promised to never leave or forsake us. He said He would be with us, even until the end of the age. It is my prayer that I may more fully trust in Him as I realize He has gone before me to prepare a way, He goes beside me to offer companionship, and He goes behind me to offer encouragement along all of life's trails. Thanks be to God.

No comments: