Saturday, September 23, 2006

What a cool day!

Today, I went to the seminary I hope to attend at a later date. I've been there before, but I never saw the dorms. Sis, BiL, and Howard wanted to see it, too, so I scheduled a tour and we went. I was SO grateful that they worked something out so we could come today, because usually they don't do tours on Saturdays. It was great, though. We left home at about 7:40 a.m. because we wanted to stop at an infamous restaurant on they way for breakfast. So, we did. It was GREAT. Then, we met up with BiL's sister and BiL to give them a sticky bun from said restaurant. We talked with them for a little bit and then headed toward the seminary. I didn't print out directions because I figured once we got to the city, I'd remember how to get to the seminary. Well, because we met BiL's sister farther in the city than I'd ever driven before, I was a little less confident in my ability to get us to the school. However, I remembered some landmarks and said, "I think we need to turn here. And, there should be a restaurant down here at this fork in the road. We need to stay left." So, BiL was skeptical of my navigatory skills, but then when I was seeing the landmarks, I knew we were on the right track. We got there with no problem.

The tour was cool. I'd seen most of the campus before, except the dorms. Our guide showed us a residence hall room and it was really cool. They're all single occupancies and are a lot like little studio apartments, except they don't have a kitchen. But, there is a residence hall kitchen and residence hall laundry room. It was more than I was expecting. I was pumped! I really am looking forward to going there. I am feeling re-energized and motivated to get in for January. It is such an awesome place, and I'm not even that familiar with it yet...

After the tour, we went to a coffee shop downtown. It was cool. I'm not really a coffee drinker, but I didn't want to be a huge dork and order a glass of water or something, so I got a flavored coffee. We all sat down and talked and stuff, and I had a great time. Like I said before, I am REALLY grateful that this student worker was willing to come in on a SATURDAY!!! to give me and my family a tour. That is just awesome. And she didn't treat us like we were imposing on her free time or anything. She said she has the best job on campus, and it's all good. If this woman is any indicator of the majority of the people on campus, I know it will just be great.

On our way back home after the tour and coffee, we stopped at the same infamous restaurant for dinner. I wasn't very hungry, so I ordered a small meal and finished most of it. It was excellent, just like breakfast was. Howard was a very good boy today. He's 5 months old, but he hardly ever cries at all. He's a smiling fool. :) Anyway, I just thought I'd post on my wonderful experience. Have a good day.

3 comments:

Tara Ulrich said...

Im glad you had such a good tour. That place means the world to me and the people there are so great. Even though Im no longer there, it still is an important place to me and a lot of my friends are there. My room used to be the room they would show in the dorms so too bad you didnt come a couple of years ago because then you would have met me!

Tara Ulrich said...

So its me again but thought Id answer your questions. First, I was the showcase room because my room was always spotless. Funny thing is Im wondering if we did meet. I was at WTS during Nov 04. In fact, I believe I even did some poetry readings at that coffee house. Well guess thats it. Time for me to head to bed now!

Tara Ulrich said...

Me yet again! I cant remember if I was involved with a small group that year. I think I was. I was with Shane K. Maybe that will help jog your memory!