Sunday, September 10, 2006

Music Appreciation Sunday

Hey, guess what!? I get to lead worship/preach today! Pastor is on vacation and so I get to "give church" as some like to say. I'm excited, even if I still am fighting with my draining sinuses. Ah well. Today will be "music appreciation Sunday" at the second church where I am leading worship. Both of the organists are actually members of another area Lutheran church, and they are testing out the new hymnal or something today. So, we will not be able to sing. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, as they say. :) There are still hymns involved in worship, but we will be reading them, perhaps responsively, perhaps by gender, but not singing them. Pastor chose hymns that have a good message but are a bit harder to sing. I don't mind. I can't carry a tune in a bucket anyway. So, now I have to go and make sure I have my ducks in a row. See ya later.

No comments: