Sunday, August 13, 2006

A slight case of the nerves...

Some of you might remember that I recently decided to go skydiving. I was laying on my sister's couch the other night, trying to get to sleep, when I started feeling slightly nervous. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going, but I am starting to feel excitedly nervous. It was funny because I have a pretty slow heartbeat normally, but I felt my pulse and it was going quite a bit faster than usual while I was thinking about jumping out of a plane at 13,000 feet. But, it's good nervousness. Just typing the phrase, "jumping out of a plane at 13k feet" made me smile. I've been looking up stuff about skydiving tonight, and I just keep smiling. I'm so excited! My friend text messaged me today trying to make me nervous, but I'm very determined! He laughs at me because this will be my first time in an airplane, and I won't even be there for the landing. He says that this increases my chances of my first landing being with him, considering he is working towards getting his pilot license. That's fine with me. I trust the guy. So, anyway, in 34 hours I will be at the place getting ready to jump. Wow. I can't wait. I just hope it doesn't rain or otherwise mess up our plans. I really am excited to go. Ok, I've said excited way too many times so far. Kind of like on "Peewee's Playhouse" when they would have a word of the day and everytime someone said that word, they'd scream and yell and laugh. Haha. So, the word of the day is "Excited." :) Have a fun time making a big hubbub of people who use the word (especially when you're simply in the midst of intelligent conversation!). Have a blessed Sunday!

No comments: