Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I can't believe it!

I talked to my friend "Dan" today. He is the one that I do all kinds of stuff with. He told me that my suggestion of Monday, August 14 would be fine for our skydive. He asked me to get it all set up, so I did! I'm SO excited. It was weird though, because I made our reservations online and gave them my credit card number, and it is non-refundable, so we HAVE to go. I'm so cheap that even if I'm puking from nerves, I will still jump, so as to get my 199 dollars worth. :) Hehe. Well, you know... When Pastor mentioned skydiving in the sermon on the 23rd, I remembered that I thought about it when I was younger. I thought it would be a fun thing to do. As a teenager, I put it on my list of things to do before I die. Well, there's no time like the present. So, Monday, August 14, at 12:30 p.m. we will get to the place to take the short tandem dive class, then go up in a light aircraft to 13,000 feet, jump out while harnessed to experienced skydive instructors, freefall for one minute, and glide with the parachute for 5-7 minutes. I'm excited. I can't wait. :) Yeah, Baby! Too bad it costs an additional 70 bucks or so to get photos and a DVD done. If you're willing to do that, a professional photographer jumps by you, and either takes stills or a video (depending on what you pay for, unless you pay for both) and then gives the results to you that very day. But, I'm too cheap. Especially since I think I'm going to have to have car repairs done soon. I'm not 100% that something is going bad, but I think I might need some new ignition things soon.. That's what BiL seemed to think, although he's not a real mechanic. Hopefully I just need new spark plugs. Who knows? I'll ask the mechanic to check it out when he changes my oil the next time. Anyway, I'll post later about my skydive. Blessings on your day!

No comments: