Saturday, August 05, 2006

Hmm.

You know, I just realized that it has been 4 years to the day that my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. She's been in remission for quite some time, but it just strikes me as odd that I would remember the day she was diagnosed. I remember because that had been a really stressful time, with all of the wondering if she did or did not have it. Well, I didn't think she would actually have it, so I went with my step-nieces to see Austin Powers: Goldmember on that day. When we came back, Ma told me that the doctor told her she had cancer. So, she went through chemotherapy, lost all her hair, dropped quite a few pounds, (Mom wasn't chubby, though) went through radiation, and then was declared cancer free some time the next March. So, thankfully, she recovered from cancer. She's been a strong lady for a long time. I wish I treated her more respectfully because she deserves it. I think we're at each other because I still live here and it is frustrating to me that she still treats me like a teenager at times. But, what can ya do? I'm not moving out, because I'm too cheap and I'm saving my money. So, I just need to be more intentional about being respectful and loving toward her, knowing that I am called to honor her. Anyway, I don't really know what the purpose of this post is; I guess I just wanted to think some things out on paper. Thanks for bearing with me.

No comments: