Sunday, August 20, 2006

Dude...

Today has been quite a day. I got to lead worship at both of my pastor's churches this morning. I got A LOT of positive feedback on my message. I was happy about that. Sometimes I get done preaching or I'm halfway through and I think, "These people are NOT paying attention. My sermon must be very substandard." But today, I was getting laughs, people were engaged, I didn't see anybody with that glassed over look, AND people said it was an attention getter from the get go. I'm glad though. I like to keep the people engaged. And, the wireless mic at my church functioned perfectly! Nothing involved in the sound system worked at the other church, but that's ok because they don't really need it anyway. One of the people at Church 2 said that he could hear me perfectly, even without a mic. So, I was happy. That church is substantially smaller than my church, so maybe that's why they could hear.

After worship, I had to go to work. It sucked. My boss was being slightly neurotic and mean today, and she was harping after me and just being mean. I was sad about that. I know I should not let her get to me like she does, but she just really can be cruel sometimes. Hopefully she's better by Tuesday so I don't have to get it all over again. I don't think I'll be able to stand continuing to work there if she's going to make my (hopefully) last few months miserable.

I was going to mow the lawn today, but this cold is sticking with me and I didn't feel like it. I had to go get my mower from my brother's house because his step-son had borrowed it. Well, on my walk home with it, I was just thinking about how tired I was and how much I did NOT want to mow today. And just my luck, a neighbor's nephew who is in town came over and asked if he could do it for a couple of bucks. Can we say Divine Providence!? Haha.

And finally, today is my last day of summer vacation. School starts tomorrow. I have one class and I just *know* it will be grueling. It is bowling, after all. I think I will throw the first few games so I can improve a lot. I used to be a league bowler (Although I was never very good) but I don't want to risk graduating on account of very little improvement in the game. I think it'd be cool if they offered skydiving in college. I'd be all over that! :) I am really tired, so I think I'm going to hit the hay early now. Have a blessed week, and don't let "the man" (or "the woman") get you down. Hasta.

No comments: