Saturday, September 08, 2007

Weee!

I can't believe how awesome seminary is! I am having such a blast. Today I was driving to a Taize service (which was in CPETown) to meet a friend from Greek class who isn't joining us this semester, and I was thinking about the upcoming semester. I'm SO excited about it. I'm excited to learn, to hang out with my friends, and to just grow a bunch in my walk of faith and knowledge. I am so excited about it all!

A friend and I are going down to do the high ropes course tomorrow. I've never done this and I really have no idea what it's about, but it sounds like fun. Plus, if I can skydive, I figure I can do high ropes, too. They're also doing the grape crushing thing tomorrow morning, but I'm not going to be a part of that because you have to be there at 7:30 A.M!!!! Fuggedaboutit. Yeah, Seminary makes it's own communion wine. The grape vines are in the grassy area by some of the parking lots. I got out of my car the other day and my childhood came and rammed into me.

Why? Because, when I was a kid, we had a grape vine out in the backyard. We'd pick grapes and eat them, or just throw them at boys or something. It was fun, but we didn't weed it, so the grapevine was choked out by weeds. So, one day a couple of years ago, I weeded the fence and posts that had been the support for the grapes, and it was bare, so I just pulled the whole thing out of the ground. Yup, I'm buff! It's a lot easier to take care of, but alas, no more grapes. I was kinda nostalgic when I smelled the grapes here at Seminary, and that's what knocked me back into my childhood. I think I've heard that smell is the most powerful sense that is able to trigger emotions. I think I'd have to agree.

Anyway, things are going pretty well, otherwise. Mom seems to be doing well with the new home. Good thing. I'm happy about that. And with that, I'm tired, so I'm going to go to bed. Have a fabulous day.

1 comment:

Tara Ulrich said...

Im so glad you are having such an awesome time at seminary. Now you understand why it holds such a special place in my heart.

And here are your interview questions! Its rainy today so I have time to post some ?s for you. Let me know when you've played!

1. If you could spend a day with any celebrity, who would you spend it with and why?

2. What is your favorite children's book of all time?

3. What is your favorite bedtime snack?

4. If you won some money and could only give it to a small town of 500 or less, what would you tell them to use the money for?

5. Since you are attending seminary, what has been your fave event of prologue week?