Sunday, September 23, 2007

Salvation belongs to our God!

And to Christ the Lamb forever and ever!

I wanted to preface this post with that.

I posted a brief thought about worship this morning. I was not happy with the church I attended today. However, my FEELINGS have very little (if anything) to do with the fact that I am saved by grace through faith (which in itself is a gift). However, as a human being subject to emotions, I was disappointed by today's church service. I think the preacher only said "Jesus" once or twice.

But, the whole weekend was not a bust.

Some pals and I went to a state park about 30 miles from here. I've posted before on how nature makes me feel. As I reflect back on our time outdoors yesterday, I gain comfort in the fact that I got to feel close to God yesterday because I got to be in God's great creation (We are ALWAYS in creation, but for these purposes, I'm equating "Creation" with "nature").

The park was awesome and great. It helps me realize that, "The earth and all that is on it belong to the Lord." Ps: 24:1.

Thanks be to God for all of God's goodness, and for the salvation that is mine and ours through Christ!

No comments: