Monday, September 17, 2007

J-Term!

Here at the Castle, we have what is known as "J-Term." Each MDiv student has to do three J-Terms, fulfilling different requirements. Today we talked about J-Term things because we were given some information about it a few weeks ago. I originally thought I was going to do a class here at the Mothership and do it that way. However, I was at home this weekend, and I just decided to do something different.

I'm going to Israel! I've put my name in and put that as my number one choice. Hopefully we go! I'm SO EXCITED! It has been one of my life goals for a while to visit the Holy Land, and I can't think of a better way to go there than with people who know what they're talking about, and with friends from Seminary. Yeehaw!

The only thing is, a lot of my pals aren't going to Israel. They said they'd love to, but their parents would kill them. Since my parents aren't in a position to kill me for going, I thought, "What the hay!" I did email Pastor today. I said, "Pastor, we were talking about J-term today, and I was wondering if you had any thoughts. There are a few classes that look interesting, but the daredevil side of me is kinda interested in Israel. Some of my pals want to go, but they say their parents will kill them, so I wanted to get a voice of reason from you." He emailed back and told me to go ahead and go if Israel is calling! Yeehaw! I'm super excited, and I went to the Post Office today to pick up a passport application. I've only been out of the country once, and that was to Canada. The farthest west I've ever been is Cedar Rapids, the farthest east was Gas City, Indiana, and the farthest south was Makanda, Illinois (about an hour from the Paducah, Kentucky). I've also never flown in an airplane to go anyplace before. Wee! E-X-C-I-T-E-D!!!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Yowzah!
Awesome. You go girl!