Monday, September 03, 2007

A plethora of activities...

Wow, things around here have been busy! I passed my Greek final, and I think it pulled my grade up. Had I taken the class for a grade instead of as credit/no credit, I would have gotten a B! I'm excited.

After Greek was over, our class had a really huge party out on the field. It was a lot of fun. After the "main" party was over, some of us continued the celebrations "on the veranda." It was a blast!

I went "home" for the weekend to see Sis, BiL, Howard, and Sunscreen. BiL made my favorite meal and I ate leftovers multiple times this weekend. The boys are as cute as ever, too. I love my family.

Some of my best pals from high school and I got together this weekend to have a "post-bachelorette" type party. It was totally awesome. We went to lunch, the zoo, did paddle-boats, ate ice cream, went back to one of their houses, and hung out more. For the paddle boats, one of my friends and I hopped into the four seater and paddled the bride around. It was SO much fun. The other two friends went in a two seater. I was freakin' out a little because I was totally afraid we were going to bash into each other a few times, and that is against the rules. I'm often a stickler for the rules. :) But, the day we hung out totally rocked my socks. I love my pals, and I hope we continue the tradition of getting together for a very, very long time.

Hmm, today was Labor Day, so Sis, BiL, YS, Howard, Sunscreen, and I went to a nearby town for the famous Labor Day Parade. I got a lot of sun, but I don't think I'm burned. Unfortunately, I had to leave before the parade was all the way over because tonight was opening worship back here at the Mothership. But, as I walked to my car, I walked past the rest of the parade, so I didn't miss any of it, really. Mr. Moocow wasn't in the parade this year. I was slightly bummed. I also wish I'd had more time because I saw a lot of people I know while I was there and I would have loved to stay and chat, but I was running late. Worship started at 6:30, and I pulled into the parking lot at 6:20. I made it in time!

So, Prolog week class starts tomorrow, and thus begins a new semester here at the castle. I am very hopeful and enthusiastic about what is coming our way while here.

Oh, and Ma is moving to a locked dementia unit in another nursing home tomorrow. She was walking around her current home the other day asking where her mom and dad were. She also said she needed to be going so she could make the girls some supper. It sucks that she's so bad, but Sis says the new place is REALLY nice. So, I'm hopeful they'll be able to make her quality of life better. We'll see.

So, that's been my life in a nutshell. I hope y'all are doing well, and staying cool in these last few weeks of summer. See ya later.

2 comments:

Tara Ulrich said...

How is Prologue week going? I hope well. Tell my friends hello from me!

Unknown said...

thank you so much for paddling me around!!! i had such a blast with everyone this weekend...it was so nice to just get away for a day :) I too, hope that we keep doing this for a very long time to come....maybe some day it will be all of us and our husbands and our kids...wouldn't that be cool? :) Hope your week went well!! *hugs*