Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Slightly disgusted...

As some of you may have gleaned from my posts lately, I'm in a summer class at School right now. And any regular readers might recall that I've occasionally complained and griped about School. Well, today, class got out a little early so I was walking down the hallway to get to the door to head me out toward the parking lot in which I park Neno. As I was walking down the hallway, a young woman came out of another room and was walking behind me. She was on a cellphone and was talking to someone. I try not to eavesdrop on people, but cellphones make that a difficult task. This young lady was discussing how she "hates this school," and how it is "too hard." She went on to gripe about how she had been all prepared to go to a different university, and how she had taken a 4000 level course elsewhere and it was easier than School's 100 level course. She thought that was a bunch of B.S. and she thought that was stupid. This young lady just kept blah, blah, blah-ing about how hard School is and how she really doesn't want to go there. I was a little offended because I have gone there for almost two years and here she is bashing it. It's really the principle of the matter. I'm not terribly loyal to the place, but honestly, I could have been a die hard School fan and she did not care that she was just shoveling crap on it. But anyway, I tried walking faster to get away from her because I was sick of hearing her bellyaching. But I just could not get out of earshot. I reached a place and rounded a corner and then started off in a dead sprint so I wouldn't have to hear her anymore. I ran out the doors and down the stairs and finally I got away from her. I kind of feel sorry for the girl because she thinks she should not have to work to get her college degree. Now, like I said earlier, I have complained about School a few times. But I complain about the size and stuff like that and NOT about the actual education aspect of it. I think School does a good job. Granted, we're not Harvard or something, but we're also not Dumbass U. Hopefully that girl figures it out so she can succeed. And stop bellyaching so loudly about the place while she is IN the place. Sorry about the tirade; I was just a little frustrated.

No comments: