Sunday, July 16, 2006

Team work!

Today, I got to help lead worship with Pastor. I wrote the sermon so he could focus on his continuing education days. So, today, I read the Gospel lesson and preached the sermon at both of the congregations Pastor serves. I didn't have the usual, "This message is crappy" feeling about this sermon. I was quite content with it. Today, I was just very happy. A woman with whom I work even came to church. I've invited her many times, but she and one of her daughters came this time. I think she liked the service. I saw her when the shifts were changing today. I was leaving and she was coming in. She said that she was sitting in her pew and she said to her daughter, "I know Trish isn't ours, but I'm so proud of her!" That just made me smile. I sincerely hope that they will come back, even when I'm not preaching. My sisters, BiL, and "Howard" were also in church today. That baby is so cute you would not believe it! Wow. Maybe I'm a tad partial though. OH, something else I found kinda interesting... When I got to the church this morning, I was mingling around and saying hello to people when I noticed someone who does not regularly come to our church. But, she seemed really familiar, and so I remembered that I've waited on her before at Restaurant. So, after the service was over, Pastor and I were at the back of the sanctuary shaking hands as people were ushered out. This woman came up, shook my hand, and said, "So, you're a good public speaker AND a good waitress!" Haha. It was just weird for some odd reason. Not many of my church folk come in to eat at Restaurant and so it's weird when I realize that my customers are people who have also heard me preach. Not bad weird, just weird. Anyway, I'm really tired now, so I think I'm going to head to bed.

No comments: