Saturday, July 29, 2006

I was going to tell a joke...

But it wouldn't work well written down. My bad. Anyway, I'm back from my Candidacy Interview. There were four people and me in the room. I was slightly nervous because I didn't really know the people interviewing me. All went fairly well though. I knew the Assistant to the Bishop for Candidacy Affairs and I think she is delightful, so I was glad she was there. I also had talked to the chair of the panel before, and he seems nice. Then, two completely new people were there and I really liked them, too. There was a laywoman who just made me feel incredibly at ease, and then there was a director of some sort who had a very warm look about him; kind of like that guy who said, "There are no strangers; just friends I haven't met." So, the interview lasted about 45 minutes or so, at which point they asked me to step out so they could discuss me. I made friends with an Intentional Interim Minister while I waited. They then had me come back in to apprise me of their decision. I was slightly worried, but only because the chair wasn't looking at me... But, they said I'm IN! They have to have it approved by the entire subcommittee, but the Assistant to the Bishop told me that the Chair would personally body slam anyone who took issue with my approval. :) :) :) I'm so excited. Pastor gave me his cell phone number so I could call him with their decision, so on my ride home, I calmed down some and gave him a ring. They're on their way to camp right now and had just passed Iowa City when I phoned. He was happy to hear the good news. So, I'm kind of floating around on cloud 9 right now, with this huge grin on my face that is starting to hurt, but I can't HELP IT!! I'm so thrilled. Anyway, I have to go now; my friend who is getting married today asked me to get to the church around noon so we can have our photo taken together. So, blessings on your day, and stay cool!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Yay! Go you!