Sunday, September 25, 2005

While cleaning my desk the other day...

First off, let me tell you that I am not that tidy of a person. I let my stuff pile up in designated areas, I litter my car up with fast food bags and my morning cereal bar wrappers, (at least it's not the environment, right) and I just let things get away from me. Now, at my job, I'm very neat and tidy, but that unfortunately does not spill over to my home life. So, the other day I was cleaning off my computer desk because my mom's friend said I needed to throw a stick of dynamite on it to clear it out. I found a really neat quote I'd written down some time ago. Zig Ziglar said it, and I thought I'd share it, even though no one reads this thing. Anyway, he said, "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing; that's why we recommend it daily." I like this quote. It just serves as a reminder that every day we should get up and motivate ourselves because while we may have accomplished many things in the past, we can't live forever on the high we got from them. That's just my thoughts and random blathering for the day. It's late, and Church is tomorrow. I think I get to be the congregational representative for a baptism! Woohoo!

No comments: