Friday, September 23, 2005

good news or Good News?

You know, the other day I picked up the mail (I live in a very small town, therefore the mail does not get delivered) and I received a yellow postcard. So, I look at this yellow postcard and it says, "trish, we have Good News for you!" So, I was all excited because I thought maybe it had something to do with Jesus or something. So, there were instructions on the card for me to call this number to see what this supposed "Good News" was. In eager anticipation, I went home and called the number right away. Only to find out it was basically some people from MasterCard trying to sell me magazines or something. I told them I wasn't interested, and not to send me any of the "free magazines" or anything like that. When I got off the phone, I felt completely let down. I thought this was something important! So, I thought, I should really call them back and tell them to NOT capitalize "good news" if it is in the middle of a sentence UNLESS they are talking about the Gospel. Jeepers. They get a girls hopes all up, only to sqash them down. Maybe I'm overreacting. But anyway... Today is finally Friday! I was driving through the neighboring small town on my way home from school today, and some guy was standing in the middle of the street I wanted to go down. I don't know about you, but when random things happen like that, my imagination runs wild. So, he was blocking people from going down that street and I thought, maybe he's going to blow a building up. Maybe he's a terrorist in neon green disguise. And then I looked down the street and there were a bunch of little kids running around on the sidewalks, so I think it was actually more safety-related that he was standing there. But anyway, so then I ended up turning down a different street since that guy was standing there. And I was headed out of town on that street, but I saw a big truck being washed kind of in the middle of the street up ahead, so I didn't want to go by that. So that made my imagination go again. I thought that maybe the hose was going to hurt my car or something, because they were using a big high pressured deal and I am semi-afraid of those due to a story my boss told me one time about high pressure things. But anyway. So, then I was thinking, my imagination runs wild all the time. I mean, I drive down the interstate and see a black garbage bag on the side of the road and think, "Is that a body?" Or see a shoe on the side of the road and think, "How on Earth would someone lose their shoe on the side of the highway?" Am I the only one who thinks things like these? Man. Now I'm getting kinda scared about my psychological evaluation I will have to do for candidacy! But then again, perhaps an overactive imagination is good for me. :) Who knows?

No comments: