Monday, September 19, 2005

I'm not as unfit as I thought...

Okay, today it is kind of rainy and damp outside, but yesterday was gorgeous. I ended up going on the Church bike ride. It was really kind of cool. I didn't feel too bad about being out of shape because we weren't pushing ourselves too hard because we had wee ones with us. I was in the middle of the pack and spent most of my time listening to a tween from our church talk. It wasn't bad at all. I think kids need to know there are people who will listen to them, even when there is really nothing groundbreaking that needs to be said. Anyway... Like I said yesterday, I wasn't sure if I was even going to go ON this bike ride, but I decided I had to. Why, you may ask? Because, I folded down the seats to Neno, (yes, my car's name is Neno), I hoisted the bike into the trunk only to find that no matter what angle I put the bike at, it still wouldn't fit. So, I asked Ma if I could take her car because she has a gigantic trunk. So, I pushed, pulled, angled, grunted, snorted, and various other disgusting things in an effort to get the bike to fit in there. To no avail... So, by this point, I was like, "Fine, I'll just take the wheel off!" So I did. Then I threw all the stuff I needed into the car and said, "after all this, I need to go on this ride." I'm glad I went though. Good time. That was my adventure for the day though. Let's see what today brings!

No comments: