Sunday, December 02, 2007

I just felt like running.

Make sure to say the title of this post in a "Forrest Gump" type accent.

I just got back from taking my garbage out to the dumpster. The way I go involves going to the basement, past the "Re-formation Room," and out the door right by the little shed that has the trash and recycling.

I also go by the youth room.

As I was coming back from dropping off my bag of garbage, I ran down the hallway past the workout room, and then stopped as I came to the stairs to bring me back up to my room.

"What is the point of the story, already? Jeez!"

Ha. Well, the point is, I realized that I pretty much ALWAYS run down that particular hallway after I'm done taking my garbage around. And it's just interesting because I don't run very much. But I think all this running could have something to do with the fact that this hallway has kids in it a lot! Maybe a little bit of their energy is "present" in the place.

Stop rolling your eyes.

I'm not much one for the whole, "Oh, a part of you is still here," blah blah blah. It's just interesting that that hallway INVITES me to run in it. It's probably my own mind that says, "Kids are here! Kids have energy! You have energy, too! RUN!!!!!!" Ha. Anyway, I thought it was worth sharing. Have a delightful day.

1 comment:

mark said...

it could also be that the floor slopes down, so you get excited and pick up some momentum.

do you run when you have the garbage, too? or just after you've deposited it in the dumpster?