Thursday, November 09, 2006

An example of my profound dorkiness!

The other day, I was the hostess at Restaurant. I heard the door open and close, and so I went to the hostess stand near the door. Waiting for me were five regulars. These ladies come in very regularly; almost every Thursday. I feel as if I've gotten to know them to a certain extent. I feel pretty comfortable with them, but I realized maybe I'm a little too comfortable. I saw that it was them and I said, "Hey, 'sup?" And the "ringleader" lady looked at me and said, "'Sup?" in a joking way (she's middle-aged, so you get the drift). I didn't mean to sound like such a teenager (considering I'm not one), but it just came out. So, trying to make up for my little moment of complete and utter lack of formality, I said, "Colloquialism is our friend." And then the ladies just stopped talking, looking at each other, and everything and looked at me with a look like, "What did she just say!?" Ha. So, I realize that I'm a huge dork. I wear this title with pride. Anyway, I'm off. I have an exciting day of statistical analysis waiting for me tomorrow. Thankfully, even though Ma's car isn't ready, I don't have to drive her to work. They have tomorrow off. yay! I like sleep!

No comments: