Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Tomorrow is the day.

Yup. The time has come for my clinical interviewer with the psychologist the synod set me up with. I plan on leaving around 6:30 or maybe a little bit later because I'm not sure what traffic and construction work is going to be like up there. I need to look at the Illinois Department of Transportation webpage to see about usual congestion and what not. I hope it's an easy drive. I've never driven that close to Chicago before, although I've been to Chicago many times. Anyway, I'm kind of nervous about what will happen tomorrow because, as I've said before, I think I'm mentally healthy (For the most part) but you never know what a professional will say about you. Anyway, I'm making the trip by myself because Pastor is busy and most of my friends are working. I know that I will be glad when tomorrow is over because I've been rather nervous about this part of the process ever since I took the battery of psychological tests. I know I over-analyzed, and I probably over-generalized about myself, too. So, hopefully this will not offer a hindrance to my application to Candidacy. We'll just have to see. There's really no use worrying about it all. At times like these, I always try to go to the Scripture that says, "So, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today's trouble is enough for today."-Mt. 6:34. Maybe I should print that onto the bag into which I hyperventilate. (that was a joke, I don't usually hyperventilate.) Anyway, I need to go now because I have an early day ahead of me, and some more things to do before I hit the sack. Later.

1 comment:

Darius said...

Just stop being so nervous!

They'll think you're nuts - !!! Ha ha...

Remember: Psychologists are just people who had a lot of hangups and so they studied psychology to try and figure themselves out...