Thursday, May 11, 2006

Now I wait...

I took the battery of psychological tests today. Altogether, they took me 5 1/2 hours. I took the MMPI-2, the Strong something or other vocational interests test, a proverbs test, the California Personality Inventory, a fill in the blank test, an adjective checklist, and a "fill in the next logical number/letter" test. After reading the agency's webpage, I'm slightly nervous, but I know that God has God's plan in mind with regards to me and the vocation in which I land. I need to keep in my mind all that God has promised me: Eternal life, love, forgiveness, grace, redemption... I'm just so afraid of being a failure. I don't want to let down the people who have supported me thus far. I don't want to let my pastor down, but most of all, most of the time, I really feel called to ministry and the thought that my perception of this call has been wrong just makes me feel icky. I know it will seem like a long time until I get to see what I have said about myself and if the psychologist thinks I will make a good candidate for ministry. I think my biggest problem will be the fact that I am somewhat indecisive. I think things through A LOT, but once I get them in my mind, I can generally go with the flow. I hope that comes out in the analysis. I don't want them to think I'm a waffler or something. I don't know. I need to go have a chat with you-know-Who now over the events of the day. Please, if you wouldn't mind, say a prayer for me? Thanks.

No comments: