Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I really AM a dork!

Ha. Last night as I was falling asleep, I realized that I wrote "Wednesday" in the previous post! Woops. In my defense, I must say that I was slightly sick and pretty tired last night. I just want this week to hurry up and be done! :) Anyway, I'm just sitting here bummin' around till it's time to go to work. I did a bunch of laundry last night, so I'm caught up with that. I would be outside doing yardwork now, but I don't feel the greatest. It's nothing too awful, but when my nose is running and I have a sore throat, I just don't feel like cutting down huge weeds that have turned into trees in the abandoned neighbor's yard. You know how it goes. Anyway, onto more interesting things. The congregation of which I am a part is going to be doing Natural Church Development. We voted to do this a few council meetings ago. NCD involves a health team which helps spearhead the whole thing. Guess what? I was asked to be a member of the health team. I think my role is going to be less than that of the other members though, because hopefully I will be gone before we finish the program. Anyway, I believe that this health team helps distribute a survey to 30 active members of the congregation. Through these surveys, we find out what our strengths and weaknesses are and work on strengthening our weaknesses. The whole logic behind this is analagous to a barrel. The water in a barrel can only reach the top of the shortest stave in the barrel. So, if we work on getting higher staves, as it were, hopefully we will be able to be more effective in the ministry that is carried out there. Our first training session is Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it, and NOT just because I get that day off work! Ha. Anyway, I need to go now. Have a good day.

No comments: