Sunday, April 30, 2006

Today...

Today was a busy day. You know, being busy can be a good or a bad thing. Today, however, it was, for the most part, a good thing. Today is the day I got to lead worship. Pastor and his wife went on vacation and so he asked if I would lead worship. I was thrilled to say yes. I really enjoy leading worship, and it had been a good long while since I'd had the opportunity. Well, I wrote a message and got all the details all ironed out before Pastor left. He approved my message and all that good stuff, so I was set. So, this morning, I got up, and Ma and I went to church. I led worship, got some really nice feedback, and then headed to the other church that Pastor leads. At that one though, I only have to read the Gospel and deliver the message because one of their congregants does the other parts. It's all good though. They gave me some positive feedback as well. So, church was interesting and more busy for me today. Unfortunately though, then I had to go work at Restaurant. I got sprung into waitress duty because we had a party. Ugh. I really don't like being just shoved into it when it's not planned, but what can ya do? OH well. I was glad to get out of there today though. I came home and took a VERY long nap. :) Hehe. I should have been doing homework, preparing for finals week and what not, but I didn't. I am SO bad! hehe. So, that's what I did today.

Ah yes, I almost forgot to say that things are actually progressing with my application to candidacy! I got some correspondence from the synod psychologist the other day. I had to fill out a "request for monitor" form, and also a "list of references" form. The request for monitor form is a form where I send them information about who will provide the quiet place for me to take the MMPI, and will make sure that I don't get interrupted or anything. Pastor said he would do it, so he got put down on that form. Then, I put some people I work with and serve with down as references, made sure it was okay with them to use them, and then I sent that away. SO, pretty soon, the psychologist will send Pastor the materials for the test and I will get to see all about my psyche. I'm slightly nervous, and yet still more intrigued to see what this test will say about me. I'm just looking forward to seeing some progress made. Anyway, I need to go now. I have another busy day ahead of me tomorrow. Hope you all have a blessed week!

No comments: