Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Oh real quick...

I was thinking the other day about safety. I was thinking that even though I live in podunk, Illinois with relatively little crime, that sometimes I do not feel safe. I don't really know what I feel is threatening me, but sometimes, I just feel like I am in danger. But anyway, I was praying about safety the other night just to tell God that I was feeling unsafe for some odd reason. And then I went to bed with the prayer along the lines of asking God to keep me safe from harm so that I may live another day trying to be of service to Him. So anyway, I fell asleep and got up the next day (at 6:30 a.m. mind you) and I drove to school. I got out of my car and was walking, walking, walking toward the building in which I have class. So, I have to walk past a grade school on my way to my building because there are just a lot of schools by the college. Anyway, I got to the place where I needed to cross the street and all of a sudden, the crossing guard took out her little sign and stopped all the traffic as I went past. She isn't there for us college students. No, she is there for the kids who have to cross the street, even though there is a stop sign where all the traffic must stop. But she is there to ensure the kids' safety. But I thought, after all these months of crossing the street on my own, this woman stops all traffic for me (Granted, some kid was approaching the crosswalk) and I got to have that EXTRA protection of having the crossing guard keep traffic stopped. I looked upward and said, "Is this your idea of a joke?" I smiled, of course, because I think it is funny when God shows His sense of humor. But, I just thought I would let that one into the blogosphere for fun. Ok, the end.

No comments: