Thursday, November 10, 2005

While surfing the Internet...

Well, I just got home from work a little while ago. I made myself some of those potato skins with cheese and bacon bits on them for dinner. I love them and do not know what I would do if I actually was forced to learn how to cook. I'd probably starve to death. Ha. But anyway, I was surfing the Internet tonight just looking at various websites in my "favorites" dropdown list. I went to the MyChoice Theological Seminary webpage and saw that they are having their semi-annual "Considering Your Call" conference on Ministry this weekend. I went to this thing last year and it was incredible. It is located in a nice city, the seminary is easy to get to, and the whole experience was just marked indelibly into my mind. I really enjoyed meeting all the people who were "discerning their call" like I am. It really helps you feel less alone. Although, a lot of the people came with spouses, or friends from college or something, and I was all alone. But, I did make friends. I really enjoyed just about every aspect of the whole weekend. As a matter of fact, the only thing I would do differently is ask if I could room alone. My roommate was an amazingly nice woman; I have nothing bad at all to say about her. But, I didn't realize how much I enjoy moments of solitude. Because the people at the seminary planned activities and things, there really wasn't a lot of "free time," per se, so we were always in the midst of others. And that is great because it really helps you see how they focus on building community. However, I really like having personal space sometimes. So, I think it would have been better if I'd have roomed alone. But, I still really, really, really enjoyed my time out there and I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who is discerning going into public ministry. Everyone is nice, the campus is wonderful, and I was especially taken by the meditation chapel. The simplicity of it all was just moving. Maybe I'm a weirdo, but that's the place I liked best. That, and the regular chapel. But anyway, this post has been long enough. It brought up some fond memories for me to think about before I fall asleep. Good night and God bless!

No comments: