Thursday, November 03, 2005

Math Anxiety

Here I sit with 6, count them 6 weeks left until this semester is over. Two weeks are left until Thanksgiving Break, then a week of Thanksgiving break, then two more weeks of actual school, and then finally, finals week. I was doing pretty well with everything until today. We are learning all about these crazy concepts in Statistics. Chi squared equals this and that, blah blah blah. They might as well be speaking in Greek.. OH wait! They do! ha. Chi, sigma, delta, and all those things are Greek! No wonder I don't understand! Anyway, I was pulling a strong B up until now. I have a test next Thursday and I'm fairly certain I'm not going to do well on it. You see, when I went to jr. college, I had to take a class designed to help people with what they call, "math anxiety." If you don't think you're going to do well, they say, that is half the problem. Think positively. So, I must think that I am going to do well (I have to study too, you know)... So. It just made me think about John 14:1. "Let not your hearts be troubled..." And also Matthew 6:34, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." So, here I sit worrying about a test in one week that I should not be worrying about. I can hope to do well on it, but why worry? Will a big fat "F" make Jesus love me any less? Nooo... Or he'd have dropped me long ago. I just need to remember the larger scope of things and not focus on what has no eternal consequence. But anyway. That's it for now. I think I'm going to go read a book for class. Have a blessed day.

No comments: