Monday, January 16, 2006

I told you I'd tell you...

Ok, so in my previous post, I said I would elaborate as to why Ma and I sit in the 4th pew from the front every Sunday. Hehe. I'm bad. When I was younger and Ma first started "dragging" my little sister and me to Immanuel, we were not happy. Sisters and I used to go to the Sunday school at the Christian Church across the street from my house. Well, when I was 13, Ma decided she wanted to return to her Lutheran roots to the Church in which she grew up. So, little sis and I dragged our feet to Church because that was the decree handed down from Queen Ma. Well, we figured out that since the ushers dismiss pews from the front, we could get out before everyone else if we sat up front. Well, no one sat in the first 3 for a long time unless a baptism was going to occur. So, we got to be first out all the time. Well, then I really started liking Church, even as Little Sis grew further from it. She even got a job where she could work Sunday mornings instead of go to church. Well, Ma and I still sat in the 4th pew and it's not because I want to be first out anymore. I like to sit up there because it's close enough so that I don't have to hear Pastor through the sound system. I can't hear very well through it, so I like to hear his natural voice. I think I'm going deaf. So, that's the reason. I feel like a treacherous Lutheran to disclose my motives, but as they say, "Confession is good for the soul." Hasta.

No comments: