Saturday, April 05, 2008

An observation and a wish!

First off, today is the birthday for a dear, dear friend! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope you have an awesome day!

Secondly, I was eating my Cocoa Puffs this morning, and I was thinking, "Why don't they put toys in cereal boxes anymore?" When I was a kid, every sugary box of cereal you bought had some weak little toy in there that was exciting as all get out to find. You remember the days: You stuck your grimy little hands down into the sugary goodness to fish around for the toy... That is, until your mom or dad came in and said, "Stop that! Wait til you get to the bottom!" And whoever found the toy at the bottom got to keep it. Fortunately, my sisters and I were not bad at sharing.

Nowadays, you either have to SEND AWAY with 8 BILLION box tops and $2.95 for the toy, or they don't even offer that. Weak. I think they should totally go back to putting the stinking toy in the bottom of the box. Sometimes we would ASK for a certain kind of cereal for the toy. Tell me that's not great marketing. Tsk tsk, General Mills, Kellogs, and Post. You need to take us back to the 80s. It'll be fun.

And so, that's what I have to say about that.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Right on! Heck ya!