Monday, April 21, 2008

A couple quick notes on my life...

Last Friday was Howard's birthday! He turned two years old. I didn't call them on the actual day because I slept pretty much that whole day. I was siiiiick.... Ah well.

Sis called me today to ask how I was doing and stuff, and we had a bit of a conversation. Near the end of my conversations with my sisters, I always ask, "Is there anything else that we should talk about?" And Sis said, "No, not really." And then I said, "Has Ma's nursing home called lately or anything?" Well, Sis told me that the nursing home DID call. It seems Mom's arms got scratched up the other day. Some woman and mom had a throw down! The way it sounds, they try to keep this lady and my mom separated because they are just like oil and water, but they had an "interaction" the other day and Ma got scratched up. I don't know if she fought back, or if she was her usual meek and mild self. Who knows? My mom has never been a violent person, but I think she could bust some old lady up if she had to... Not that I condone violence, because I don't.

I guess I shouldn't tell you that I busted out laughing. It's not funny; but really... Old ladies fighting? Can't you just see it? Tell me that doesn't look ridiculous in your mind's eye! I dare you!

In other news, a seminary friend of mine ran THE BOSTON MARATHON today! He came in 4997th out of over 25,000 runners. I'm so proud of him! He completed the race in around 3 1/2 hours. I'm actually watching the race on t.v. now, trying to get a glimpse of him. I don't think it's gonna happen, though. Ah well.

And lastly, I'm working, working, working on my Systematic Theology paper. This is the "big" class we juniors (first years) have, and it has most of us pretty intimidated. I'm meeting with the professor tomorrow to talk about it. He told me he liked, "The daring approach I took on my paper." I just want to make sure that this "daring approach" can get me a passing grade!

And with that, I think I'm going to go now. The weather is beautiful, so I want to get to a satisfactory point with my paper so I can maybe go outside. Peace out, and enjoy the weather!

No comments: