Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Wading out of the Deep.

Ok, so my last post was kind of...hmmm...I don't really know how to describe it. The news I broke was sad, but I tried to offer hope... So, I don't know. But, I just thought that perhaps I should post a new something to help wade up from out of the deep waters. I don't want to do something completely carefree because to me that seems a little disrespectful, so here is the compromise. I'm analyzing myself and my last post. A little less downery-ish, and so this post can serve as a bridge to more lighthearted posts. Now I'm all thinking of that song, "Like a Bridge Over Troubled Water." Good song. I like it, anyway. But then again, I like Weird Al, too...

I digress. Forgive my wandering mind.

Today, CPE Supervisor (From here on out we shall come him "Supa") was sick. I was kinda bummed about that. He's a cool guy and being sick sucks, so... (BTW, I got special permission from the Bishop to say "sucks" so it's all good). (Actually, that's a lie. I just thought it was funny). But anyway, with Supa being gone, that makes two weeks where I've not had Supervision meetings. Last Tuesday they called and said "Don't come. The weather is too bad." So, I turned around and came back. Fortunately, I'd only been on the road for a few miles. Anyway, I've only really had one supervision meeting so far, and I like it, despite the wee bit of uncomfort I feel talking about what is going on in CPE, and my glaring ineptitude... :) Just messing. It's not glaring ineptitude; just moderate ineptitude...

Anyway, I suppose I just have a lot on my mind right now. That is why I like Supervision. Supa seems to have the art of pastoral care down pat, and talking with him doesn't "seem" like pastoral care, but I get the odd and eerie feeling afterwards that that is the point of supervision. I don't know... Maybe my fall this morning scrambled my last couple of brain cells.

Oh, I didn't tell you about "THE FALL?" Hmm. Long story short: Trish runs late, trish runs down dorm stairs, trish runs down to stairs outside to take her down to parking lot, trish starts running toward car, trish doesn't see ice, trish's legs fly out from under her in comedic fashion until she comes crunching down on her right side. Trish is very happy that she is no longer a cussing woman or the whole seminary community would have been awoken by an echoing, non-pastoral four letter word, and trish gets her wits about her after laying/sitting on the frozen ground for a moment until the pain lessens to a more manageable degree.

I'm always so cautious around ice and snow... The ONE freakin' time I'm not... I gotta go to bed.

No comments: