Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Random Ramblings...

Today, I got to leave the hospital early on account of the weather. I thought on the way home that I should have stayed because the roads weren't THAT bad... But, I was on the state's roadway conditions website tonight, and they said the road on which I travel was mostly/completely covered. Considering I don't know many people up here who could come drag me out of a ditch, I took up the supervisor's suggestion and hit the road to get back here.

Then I took a nap.

When I woke up, I sat around for a while, checking my email and reading some stuff. Although, not the stuff I SHOULD be reading. I really don't want to do that whole "not reading the material" routine like I did in college. I really do want to learn this stuff, and not just pass the tests. I also called my mom, and I also talked to YS.

After reading and yakking on the phone, I went downstairs because I was suffering from some cabin fever. I drew a picture on a friend's dry erase board, talked to her for a few minutes, and headed to the kitchen. I have thoroughly enjoyed sharing meals with others. It's a wonderful practice that the people in this place do. I'm grateful.

But, I am very excited to be going home this weekend. I miss Sis, BiL, Howard, YS, and pretty much everyone. I haven't been terribly homesick for a little while, and I'm just hoping that going home doesn't undo all the good feelings I'm having about this place.

Ok, now I'm going. Have a wonderful day, and stay warm!

1 comment:

Tara Ulrich said...

Sharing meals is something I truly treasure about the Mothership. I delighted in the meals we shared together. And I am so glad you are feeling good there. It is a wonderful place and I know the people would make you feel welcome. I miss that place. Its fun to live vicariously through you and hear about life there!