Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Isn't it supposed to be spring?

Ha. Yesterday was the first day of spring. yay. Well, it's supposed to be yay, but today, we got lots and lots of snow! I saw the weather report yesterday at Mooching Monday that said we were supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow. So, when I got home last night, I set my alarm to wake me up plenty early so I could have a lot of time to get to school. Well, I got up and looked outside. I couldn't see the village hall which is about 2 blocks from my house. So then, I got online and looked at the Illinois Department of Transportation's website which said that the roads I needed to travel on were patchy at best, and ice and snow packed at worst. So, I turned on the early morning news and noticed that basically all of the schools from my old school southward were closed. That's when I decided to call in and tell my professors I wouldn't be making it in today. So, my spring break was extended an extra day. So, this week, I will only have been present one day (because my Monday/Wednesday class got over with at midterm, so now I only have Tuesday/Thursday classes). I hate not going in, and I ruined my perfect attendance, but I REALLY hate driving in inclement weather. And to my credit, this is the first time I've let the weather keep me from class. Ah, the joys of being a commuter student. It's just going to suck having to catch up on the 5 classes I missed today. But, that's enough of that.

There really is nothing new going on with my application to candidacy. My Initial Interview was almost 2 months ago, and the synod psychologist still hasn't contacted me about doing my psychological evaluation. I'm slightly frustrated with this. I think Pastor is too. He emailed the synod and they said the psychologist has not been keeping up real well with this. So, I'm disappointed, because at this point, it is too late to get my psych stuff done in time to get a meeting with the Candidacy Committee in March. The C.C. only meets 3 months out of the year, so now I think I'm going to have to wait until August. I think that's the next month they convene. Ah well. Maybe I'll suggest to them that I call this shrink, considering he's not calling me. I don't know if that's allowed though. Hmm. Maybe if we pester him enough, he'll get on the ball. I don't know. He's probably got a legitimate excuse, what with helping people who are in need of psychologists, but it's still frustrating to be waiting on other people in order for my life to move forward along this path. I am a doer, and so it irks me when things do not get done. This is where I chant, "Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue!" :) ha. This post has been long enough. Have a nice day.

No comments: