Saturday, February 18, 2006

So I guess I'm kind of a feminist

Well, my hands smell like WD-40, I have grease on my face, and I used my tools tonight. Yay for me. I like using my tools. My sister and brother-in-law got me a tool kit 2 years ago for Christmas, and I've used just about every tool in there. Tonight, I changed the locks at Chez Trishy's. Why, you may ask? Cuz there is some buttmonkey out there running around with keys to my house. Again, I hear the questions... How did a buttmonkey get your keys? Well, they're not MY keys, they're my mom's keys. Ma was temping at a factory the other night and someone stole her stuff out of her locker. So, she has no car keys, no house keys, and all the other things that go in an old lady's purse. No car keys=No car right now, and no house keys=Trishy doesn't want to wake up in the middle of the night with some psycho standing over her bed. We're not big fans of that. It's happened before, although in a different context. So, I bought a new lock tonight and installed it so I could sleep sound. Yup. Anyway, I don't know how long it's going to take to get Ma some new car keys because she has a newer type car that has that little black chip in the key so you can't just have any old locksmith come and make you a new one. So, she has to send away for new keys. So, the whole feminist thing... I guess there are many reasons why I think I am a feminist. And before you get to thinking that I hate men, I will say flat out that I DO NOT hate men. I do however, hate the fact that some women think they NEED a man to do things that every woman should know how to do herself. Additionally, we women should NOT feel like we need some man to protect us and keep us safe. That's not how life works anymore. This is not the '50s. We have to watch our own backs because a lot of guys in the world are only looking out for number 1. Well you know what, I'm not going to ever fall victim to the thought that I need some man to get me through life. If one happens to come along that is great, then by all means, I'll give him a shot. However, in the meantime, if you need some minor plumbing done, or some basic handywork tasks completed, look me up.

No comments: