Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A funny story

Today, I was sitting in my Sociology of Culture Class, being bored out of my mind. We had done a group exercise, and my desk was facing the window. Well, it was hurting my neck to look at the professor while he was talking, so I just listened to him while looking out the window. Well, this professor is rather boring (nice, but really boring) and he was talking about how social class affects culture. People in high class have different lawn decor, education, houses, neighborhoods, clubs... blah blah blah. Well, about 3 minutes into his schpiel on things that differ, I suddenly thought, "Shrimp Kabob, Shrimp Creole, Shrimp Salad, Shrimp Scampi, Barbecue Shrimp..." Because I felt like listening to him was like listening to Bubba talk about shrimp on "Forrest Gump." So anyway, I just smiled and laughed a little to myself. So, I thought, "It is a good thing I'm facing the window!" Then, all of a sudden, a white feather was blown past the window and I had to stifle myself because I thought, "God has such a sense of humor!" Because there is that white feather on Forrest Gump. It was like a little joke just between us. So, that is my funny story that I thought I would share with you. Have a blessed day!

No comments: